- David Fickling is a national treasure who might have swallowed a Marshall amplifier as a child.
- Sara Grant thinks I am a "media whore."
- Some people got really upset by my anti-NaNoWriMo post. Sorry about that.
- I want to be exactly like Sarah McIntyre and may have to resort to surgery to achieve it.
- Dave Cousins is channelling his inner Carmen Miranda.
- Katie Dale and her mum Elizabeth are never seen in the same room at once and may in fact be a single time-travelling author from the future. Or not.
- Even Candy Gourlay gets exhausted sometimes.
- Lisa Smith has women asking to photograph her cleavage.
- Butters (a phrase from current youth parlance meaning "butt ugly") is not a term that female writers associate with Marcus Sedgwick.
- Nick Cross has a lot of fine, funny and fabulous friends.
Thank you to everyone who organised, spoke at or attended the conference. It was an enormous success and I hope to see even more of you next year. Go SCBWI!
It was a coordinated effort after all - if you blog it, they will come! Check out these other great posts: